Your #Vote4MentalHealth Matters
We’re excited to announce the launch of the new vote4mentalhealth.org website and we encourage you pledge to #Vote4MentalHealth today!
Here are 5 steps you can take to make sure you are counted in this election:
1. Take the pledge to #Vote4MentalHealth to get the information you need to vote.
2. Learn about the voting options in your state. Key resources for RI can be found here.
3. Decide on the option that works best for you this year.
4. Cast your ballot – by mail, in-person during early voting, or on Election Day.
5. Ask your friends and family if they have a plan to vote.
When you visit the site and take the pledge, you will receive voting-related reminders and information for your state now through Election Day.
The site also has much more. It includes:
- Key Issues: #Vote4MentalHealth is about more than a single policy issue. It’s about knowing how different issues affect people with mental health conditions. You can explore the issues you care about.
- Engaging Candidates: Understanding how different policymakers impact mental health services and supports – and what you can do to educate them about mental illness – is critical to #Vote4MentalHealth. Learn how to engage and educate candidates.
- Voter Resources: You can look up the information you need to register or cast a ballot in your state, and you will find information about voter registration, early voting in RI, absentee ballots/vote-by-mail, and basic information on candidates.
- Get Involved: Find the tools and information you need to engage your communities, including a sample candidate questionnaire, social media toolkits, and links to other important guides and resources.
Thank you for all you do to support mental health and NAMI RI!