From NAMI-RI Executive Director
Due to the most recent information on COVID-19 in the State of Rhode Island, and the request of the Governor to keep in-person interaction to the minimum possible for the next few weeks (effective October 30, 2020), we have decided to temporarily suspend in-person groups and activities. NAMI Rhode Island wants to prioritize the safety of its members and participants above all else, and help to prevent the spread of COVID-19 in accordance with all guidelines from the Office of the Governor. Please join us for our daily virtual support groups and social interactions by phone or the internet. We hope to be able to meet in person again very soon.
For more information on how to access support during this time, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Select one of the following:
Groups for Individuals
We offer several zoom groups for individuals living with mental illness, including traditional NAMIConnection groups, a grief recovery support group, and informal coffee and social hours. Please scroll below for schedules.
To join a support group for individuals, call us at 401-331-3060 or email us at email@example.com.
NAMI Connection is a free recovery support group for people living with any mental illness. NAMI Connection provides a place that offers respect, understanding, encouragement, and hope. You don’t need to register to attend. For more information about Connections, please call us at 401-331-3060 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
NAMI Connection is a recovery support group program that offers respect, understanding, encouragement, and hope. NAMI Connection groups are:
- Free and confidential
- Held weekly for 90 minutes (60 Minutes Zoom)
- Designed to connect, encourage, and support participants using a structured support group model
- Led by trained facilitators living in recovery themselves
For more information about NAMI Connection, please visit our Programs and Services page.
All support groups for individuals living with a mental health condition take place during Eastern Daylight Time: EDT/EST.
- 6:00 pm – NAMI Connection Group
- 10:00 am – NAMI Connection Group co-hosted by Hope Recovery Center-Westerly and Washington County Zero Suicide
- 11:30 am – NAMI Connection Group
- 2:00 pm – Oasis/NAMI Connection Group
- 10:00 am – Women’s NAMI Connection Group
- 11:30 pm (Every other Thursday) – Healing from Trauma Recovery Support Group Meets 11/5, 11/19, 12/3, 12/17, 1/7, 1/21, 2/4, 2/18, 3/4, 3/18*
This group in no way to replace professional help by a therapist. This is a safe place to explore trauma in a mutually supportive environment.
- 5:00 pm – NAMI Connection Group
- 2:00 pm – Connection Group
- 1:00 pm – NAMI-RI and Oasis Wellness & Recovery Center Coffee Hour Support Group*
- 4:00 pm – NEW GROUP! NAMI RI’s Saturday FUN Social Hour*
* Social Hours are not structured NAMI Connection Support Groups – rather, they are opportunities for additional social support during the physical distancing of COVID-19 restrictions. All are welcome.
- 12:00 pm – Lunch Session*
- 2:00 pm – Sunday Social with Oasis and NAMI-RI Peers*
- 4:00 pm – Grief Recovery Support Group*
* Lunch Sessions, Social Hours, and Grief Recovery groups are not structured NAMI Connection Support Groups – rather, they are opportunities for additional social support during the physical distancing of COVID-19 restrictions. All are welcome.
Groups for Families
NAMI Family Support Group is a free, peer-led support group for family members, caregivers, and loved ones of individuals living with mental illness. Most groups meet for about 90 minutes.
All support groups for families and friends of loved ones living with a mental health condition take place during Eastern Daylight Time: EDT/EST.
Meetings: We look forward to meeting you! We currently have three Family Support Groups:
- The second Tuesday of every month at 6:00 pm.
- The third Tuesday of every month at 6:30 pm.
- The fourth Tuesday of every month at 6:00pm.
Format: Zoom meeting
To join a Family Support Group, call us at 401-331-3060 or email us at email@example.com.
NAMI Family Support Group is a peer-led support group for any adult with a loved one who has experienced symptoms of a mental health condition. Gain insight from the challenges and successes of others facing similar experiences.
NAMI’s support groups are unique because they follow a structured model, ensuring everyone has an opportunity to be heard and to get what they need.
- Free of cost to participants
- Designed for adult loved ones of people with mental health conditions
- Led by family members of people with mental health conditions
- 60-90 minutes long and meets weekly, every other week or monthly (varies by location)
- No specific medical therapy or treatment is endorsed
What You’ll Gain
By sharing your experiences in a safe setting, you can gain hope and develop supportive relationships. This group allows your voice to be heard and provides an opportunity for your personal needs to be met. It encourages empathy, productive discussion and a sense of community. You’ll benefit from other’s experiences, discover your inner strength and empower yourself by sharing your own experiences in a non-judgmental space.
For more information about NAMI Family Support Groups, please visit our Programs and Services page.